The Fraction Curriculum consists of a sequence of activities and problems that utilize and expand the existing Montessori Fraction Skittles, Fraction Insets, and Plastic Fraction Circles. The important fraction concepts of "fractions" / "not fractions, "parts of a group", and "linear equivalency" (which are listed as state standards) are covered. The role of denominator and numerator is introduced through the analogy of a "family" and "member of the family."
Concepts of denominator and numerator are introduced separately.
The Fractions Curriculum is sold as a complete set F.00 - F.13
936 full color fraction cards
- Set F.00 Fractions: Equal Parts of a Whole (74 cards)
- depicts both equal parts and non-equal parts of a whole,
- different shapes are used to develop the ability of recognizing equal and non-equal parts of a whole beyond the traditional circle
- Set F.01 - F.05 Denominator & Numerator (95 cards)
- "graphic control of error" on the back of each card
- use with Fractions Skittles from 1 - 4
- Set F.06 - F.09 Denominator & Numerator (113 cards)
- Use with Fraction Insets from 1 - 10
- Set F.10 - F.11 Addition and Subtraction with Fraction of the same denominator (550 cards)
- "control of error on the back of each card"
- Set F.12 Parts of a Group (40 cards)
- Set F.13 Equivalence Chart (54 cards)
Full Color - Printed on Plastic (No lamination is required) - Ready to Cut
You will receive 44 sheets (9" x 12") printed in plastic ready to cut (this product does not come trimmed to final size).